Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

This is just a Quick look of what Comics I would recommend coming into the New Year. As well as a quick review of the only Christmas Comic I read this year.

Comics to grab, Animal Man and Swamp Thing. Duh. Batman, especially if they stop with the Family Cross overs and just let their be a story in that book for once. Daredevil and Hawkeye if you are into Marvel.





Not much of a personal choice list, but if you are limited, those are probably the best books on the shelf right now, consistently anyway.

Now the only Christmas Comic I read this year. Hawkeye #5. It is awesome that this essentially one issue story type book is on the shelves, because it lets the audience read a christmas story and have it feel natural, instead of kind of fillery, or hokey.  So this book is about fun. And the perfect example is the opening page of this book. I won't spoil it, and I'll do my best not to spoil anything about it, aside from saying this is a Mid-quel type book. It's a lot of nothing much happens for the larger story, besides reminding you of what came and why it's important. We get to see Clint in how he tries to be a bit of a hero, and how he's not quite all that much of one at times. I have heard bad things about Matt Fraction, but he does good work here, and the art suits the tone, even if, well even if at times I do wince.

It's a christmas book that I had fun reading. Also...If you want a great Christmas Book, a Graphic Novel, Batman Noel came out last year that is fantastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment