Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Current Comic Reviews

So, since there wasn't a podcast last week, and all, I guess I'll share my thoughts on what I did pick up...Except Batman, because I'm not going to steal that thunder from Dan. And Demon Knights was Eh...And I think I got something else, but lord if I can remember. So we're stuck with Daredevil #22.



So what makes this issue so special? It's Superior Spider-Man's first cross over (If you don't count the last page of 21...and you shouldn't). And how does it stand up? It's a one shot in between Daredevil's last story. and the next one. And we get to see Stilt Man, because...Stilt Man.

I'm going to keep this short, because this is a meh issue all and all. It shows our two heroes fighting, it alludes that Daredevil knows something is wrong, but Editorial Mandates says that the status quo can't change fully yet. and Stilt-Man.

Really if you're a DD fan (like me) it's a good read. If you're also reading Spider-Man (like me) it's interesting. But if you're only reading Spider-Man, well then you're screwed, because, well...It's a meh issue a midst so many better issues. Also ending on a Foggy has Cancer seems like a bit of a shocker. If this was anyone else, I'd be calling B.S. But I won't, because it actually feels real and and emotional, and it explains a lot of the over reactions on Foggy's part. 

So how that's a stirring review? Honestly there have been much better one shots. The christmas one from a few years ago was great. The one a midst the Omega Drive arc was brilliant. And the other one with Stilt Man was pretty funny. But this is just...meh.

I'm going to be talking about something other than super-heroes next...so tune in.

No comments:

Post a Comment