Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pulls 08/22/2012

Another week comes, another week goes, and we have a new stack of pretty pictures and words. This fourth week is quickly becoming that hodgepodge of left overs week. Weeks one and two are primarily the Dark and Vertigo books. Week three gets to be the Green Lantern week. And this week we get my regulars of Justice League Dark, All-Star Western, and New Guardians.

There is some Spider-Man involved, but issue 692 is going to get a special, since it gets to be the uber expensive 50th anniversary issue.

Oh, and the final issue of Deadpool Kills the Universe. Bloody hell.

And remember, spoiler free zone. Well, except for the rant at the end, I just don't care anymore about keeping that one clean.


Justice League Dark #12: So our 12th issue opens with the reasons why Dr. Mist goes all traitor, and it makes sense in a cliched way. We learn a little bit about Constantine and Zantana's back-stories. Oh, and a new threat is revealed, just his face in in shadow. So whoever he is, might be recognizable, doubt it though. It's a pretty interesting addition to the arc, and things are gearing up.

Green Lantern New Guardians #12: End of the Invictus Arc. It's, interesting, but nothing more than that. It builds up like the other Lantern books into next weeks Annual, so we shall see if it is worth while.

All-Star Western #12: A year in and I'm going to have to admit to myself that this is the end for me. It was a good run, and I will still get to read it, but it hasn't been as fun as it once was. This isn't a bad book, just not for me any longer.

Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe #4: What to say. What. To. Say. DON'T BUY THESE BOOKS! There is nothing more I can add. These books are horrible. They aren't funny, they aren't clever. Thankfully I was not the one purchasing these books, but it isn't bloody funny.

Oh, and for those wondering, I was right. He is in a comic, and while the voice isn't made clear who it is, guess what...I need a drum roll please. He travels through a nexus of worlds, and lands in the writer room of Marvel Comics. For the record, I have seen this done better before, in a far lower budget, and it made far more sense. For anyone curious, go watch a movie called Gamers.

Maybe when I get my thoughts together, I'll sit down and really talk about these books. It seems my rage drives me some times. I don't know if that is good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment