Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pulls 08/29/2012: Annual Fun

Welcome to the look the annuals of this week. And some other picks this week. Enjoy.


Alright, where to begin. I think I'll be a little evil.

Aquaman #12: Sitting high on the pile of not really that important, we get Aquaman. It's almost to the end of this Others arc, and Black Manta may die. But he won't. We know that. We get an idea of how Aquaman works in his head, why he is, and frankly, I've enjoyed every Aquaman issue so far.

Justice League #12: Well, it's pretty official, if it wasn't for I want to know where the hell this is going, I'd stop reading it. I don't really go for the Wonder Woman/Superman stuff. I know it happens at the end, but that isn't a bloody spoiler, look at the cover! Steve Trevor has a nice bit in there, and a member quits. I'll give you three guesses. We'll see if the 0 issue can turn me around. 

Flash Annual #1: To be honest, I didn't buy this one. I bummed it off a friend, and since I stopped following Flash a few months ago, I was a little lost. I'm honestly more a fan of Annuals being more stand alone than continuing the story. But what can ya do. It wasn't bad, it's Flash vs. The Rogues, and we get an ending that will lead into the next issue. So, yeah. Nothing special here.

Justice League International Annual #1: Only reason I give this book a pass on being continuing story is because this is the end. Last stop. Reason it also gets a pass is because Booster is handled nicely, and it references the JL #12 happening as time destroying. Reason I kind of hate it. It's not a conclusion to JLI. It's a conclusion to OMAC. I don't bloody care about OMAC. It was crap a year ago, and barely tolerable now.

Detective Comics Annual #1: Black Mask is back. And being the annual I've read the least going into. #1 and #9 (Whatever the talon issue was). It's a good fight, it adds mystery, and I might read another one or two following this, but since Tony Daniel is leaving anyway, I was probably going to give the book another shot. But for a decent story go ahead and grab this book.

Superman Annual #1: I was just bored with this. I don't care about the Demonites (Why I stopped reading Superman). Don't care about Grifter, or Stormwatch, or Red hood, or Hawkman. It's like this book as a whole is more designed to get people to read worse books. Also it seemed like a lot of spinning wheels, but since I've read NOTHING that leads up to this, I guess I can't complain about being lost.

Green Lantern Annual #1: Well, do I have to tell you what this cover is a reference too? Well if I do, look at the cover of Superman #75. Spoiler: The one where Supes died. So let us look at who is going to die in GL Annual #1. Well...Not going to tell you. Just that it isn't that surprising. It's been telegraphed pretty heavily for now. Also this is where the Third Army starts. Also the First Lantern. Crap is hitting the fan. Please find the cover of Superman #75 below.
He didn't stay dead.

Don't think there is anything else. Tune in tomorrow folks to look at some more Spidey books.





No comments:

Post a Comment